Alexander C. Lee, M.D.
Board Certified, American Board of Ophthalmology
Undergraduate: University of CA, Berkeley
Medical school: University of CA, San Diego
Residency: Medical College of Wisconsin
Fellowship: Glaucoma, University of California, San Diego
Fellowship: Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Pepose Vision Institute
Medical Utilization Consultant, EK Health
Director of Glaucoma Services, Kaiser Permanente
Clinical Instructor, College of Optometry, University of Missouri - St. Louis
Clinical Instructor, Shiley Eye Center, University of California, San Diego
Travel- See the Travel Gallery
Classically trained violinist
Second Language: Dr. Lee speaks Mandarin
Fellowship trained Glaucoma Specialist
Fellowship trained Cornea and Refractive surgery Specialist
Cataract Surgery with advance technology IOL
Dr. Lee is an experienced clinician and surgeon. He is one of only a few ophthalmologists in the entire country to have completed 2 fellowships. Dr. Lee specializes in the diagnoses and treatment of glaucoma, cataract, cornea / external eye diseases, laser vision correction, myopia control and contact lenses. Dr. Lee has published many peer-reviewed papers and presented at numerous national meetings. In addition, he was previously the director of the glaucoma department at Kaiser Permanente in Sacramento as well as a medical consultant. Dr. Lee has also been involved in the training of other ophthalmologists and optometrists.
Dr. Lee completed his undergraduate studies at the University of California at Berkeley, and his medical degree at the University of California at San Diego School of Medicine. He performed his residency at the Medical College of Wisconsin. After his residency, Dr. Lee went on to complete a fellowship in Glaucoma at the University of California at San Diego with Dr. Robert Weinreb, a world-renowned glaucoma specialist. Because of his additional interests in refractive corneal and refractive cataract surgery, he completed an additional fellowship in cornea and refractive surgery.
1. Kim JE, Lee AC. Demographic changes and response to laser treatment in threshold retinopathy of prematurity: 10-year experience. J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. 2010 Jul-Aug;47(4):231-5.
2. Lee AC, Qazi MA, Pepose JS. Biometry and intraocular lens power calculations. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2008 Jan;19(1):13-7.
3. Lee AC, Mosaed S, Weinreb RN, Kripke DF, MD and Liu JHK. Effect of laser trabeculoplasty on nocturnal intraocular pressure in medically treated glaucoma patients Ophthalmology 2007 Apr;114(4):666-70.
4. Lee AC. Glaucoma: A Colour Manual of Diagnosis and Treatment 3rd edition. (Book Review). J Glaucoma 2005:14(1):87.
5. Lee AC, Crowston JG, Goldbaum MH, and Weinreb RN. Late intraocular pressure rise after repeat intravitreal triamcinolone injections. Seminars in Ophthalmology 2004;19(3-4):119-121.
6. Kim JE and Lee AC. Choroidal metastasis from a primary ovarian mucinous cystadenocarcinoma. Retina 2003;23(2):240-242.
7. Blumenthal EZ, Sample PA, Berry CC, Lee AC, Girkin CA, Zangwill L, Caprioli J, Weinreb RN. Evaluating sources of variability for standard and SWAP visual fields in glaucoma patients suspects and normals. Ophthalmology. 2003 Oct;110(10):1895-1902.
8. Lee AC, Fedorovich I, Heinz GW, Kikkawa DO. Socket reconstruction with combined mucous membrane and hard palate mucosal grafts. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers. 2002 Nov-Dec;33(6):463-8.
9. Lee AC, Sample PA, Blumenthal EZ, Berry C, Zangwill L, Weinreb RN. Infrequent confirmation of visual field progression. Ophthalmology. 2002 Jun;109(6):1059-65.
10. Girkin CA, Emdadi A, Sample PA, Blumenthal EZ, Lee AC, Zangwill L, Weinreb RN. Short-wavelength automated perimetry and standard perimetry in the detection of progressive optic disc cupping. Arch Ophthalmol. 2000 Sep;118(9):1231-6.
11. Blumenthal EZ, Sample PA, Zangwill L, Lee AC, Kono Y, Weinreb RN. Comparison of long-term variability for standard and short-wavelength automated perimetry in stable glaucoma patients. Am J Ophthalmol. 2000 Mar;129(3):309-13.
12. Kikkawa DO, Miller SR, Batra MK, Lee AC. Small incision nonendoscopic browlift. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2000 Jan;16(1):28-33.